BUSINESS: Studio on demand
TWO-YEAR REVENUE GROWTH: 788 percent
2013 REVENUE: $8.4 million
Responses from Chief Executive Rob Salvatore:
What did you do to achieve the company’s growth?
We took an innovative business aggressively to market, addressing a huge need for quality content at scale. We built a great team, executed, failed fast, learned and attracted capital to make the vision a reality.
How did you manage the growing workload? For example, did you have to add space or move into new facilities?
We challenged employees to consistently push themselves to new limits and added more people as needed. But more importantly, we developed technology to increase capacity and productivity. And we grew physically – we moved twice in less than 24 months.
What was the biggest challenge for your staff?
Handling the opportunity – prioritizing; shifting from everyone does a bit of everything to focus and specialization – and dealing with the growing pains of adding 30 employees to a company of 10 in less than 12 months.
Do you plan on continuing a fast-growth path or has the time come to slow down a bit?
We are projecting accelerated growth in 2015 and 2016. And it’s welcomed.
What’s the most important lesson you’ve learned over the last three years?
As trite as it sounds, never run out of cash. Cash is a company’s oxygen. Everything else is secondary.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Fastest Growing Private Companies #4 GENZUM LIFE SCIENCES
- Fastest Growing Private Companies #7 NORIBACHI
- Fastest Growing Private Companies #2 ESALON
- Fastest Growing Private Companies #6 AUDIOMICRO INC.
- Modern Everyday Inc. - No. 10
- Fastest Growing Private Companies #10 TK MEDIA DIRECT
- Fastest Growing Private Companies #1 FUHU INC.
- Fastest Growing Private Companies #5 ZESTFINANCE