THE MONEY: Net worth has been on rise thanks to shares in Disney. Head of Tornante Co., investor in media and entertainment properties such as online video firm Vuguru as well as collectible and candy maker Topps Co.
BUZZ: Tornante inked deal with video-streaming site Netflix for its animated comedy “BoJack Horseman,” voiced by actors Will Arnett, Aaron Paul and Amy Sedaris. Show is about a whiskey-drinking horse – a former TV star – dealing with personal crises with his human sidekick as well as his ex-lover. All 12 episodes of season one will be out this year. Former Disney chief executive jumped back into Hollywood with feature films in 2012 after announcing multiyear deal with Universal Pictures. Vuguru signed deal with Yahoo for distribution of studio’s scripted Web series. Eisner founded Tornante in 2005 and came up with company’s name during bike trip in Italy. Cycling down steep mountain, every curve had sign “Tornante,” meaning hairpin turn.
$1.5 billion s20%
LAST YEAR: $1.25 billion
RESIDENCE: Beverly Hills
SOURCE OF WEALTH: Stock options, grants
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 28, Michael Eisner
- The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: Michael Eisner
- Wealthiest Angelenos: Michael Eisner - #45
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 29, Michael Eisner
- The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: Michael Eisner #44
- 50 Wealthiest: Michael Eisner #38
- MICHAEL EISNER
- Eisner Spins Out Vuguru With Canadian Backing