THE MONEY: Chairman-chief executive of Majestic Realty Co. benefitted from slow but steady growth in industrial real estate market. Minority owner of Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Kings and Staples Center made modest gains in sports holdings.
BUZZ: Even with AEG and St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke as potential competitors to bring a National Football League team to Los Angeles, Roski remains committed to stadium in City of Industry. Owns more than 80 million square feet of real estate; vast majority industrial property in Southern California. Massive portfolio also includes dozens of proposed projects, including 500-acre industrial park in Bethlehem, Pa., on site of former steel plant. Plans to build warehouse the size of about 34 football fields there. USC graduate raised in Westchester. Joined real estate business in 1966 after a tour with Marine Corps in Vietnam; received Purple Heart. Married with three children. Has climbed Mount Everest and descended to wreck of Titanic. Bought into Kings in 1995 and Lakers in 1998.
$3.4 billion s14%
LAST YEAR: $2.99 billion*
RESIDENCE: Toluca Lake
SOURCE OF WEALTH: Real estate, development
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 50 Wealthiest: Edward Roski Jr. #20
- The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: Edward Roski Jr. - #13
- The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: Ed Roski
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 11. EDWARD ROSKI JR.
- Wealthiest Angelenos: Edward Roski Jr. - #19
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 12, Edward P. Roski Jr.
- The 50 Wealtheest Angelinos
- The 50 Wealthiest Angelenos: Edward Roski Jr. #13