The U.S. government's auto safety watchdog has closed an investigation into Tesla electric car battery fires after the company agreed to install more shields beneath the cars to prevent roadway debris from damaging the batteries, the Associated Press reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Deal Allows Tesla to Sell Cars in Ohio
- California Considers Regulation of 'Driverless Cars'
- FTC Comes to Tesla's Defense
- Investigators Want to Examine Pipe at Refinery Fire
- GM's Hopes for a Buick Revival
- German Automakers Announce Recalls
- Little Summer Break at U.S. Auto Factories
- Yellen Rebuffs Fed Critics, Pleases Investors