A controversial proposed initiative backed by trial lawyers and Santa Monica-based Consumer Watchdog would more than quadruple the amount of money a patient could be awarded for pain and suffering in a malpractice case, the Los Angeles Daily News reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Doctors Fear Unhealthy Malpractice Insurance
- Complexity of Jury Instructions Rises, Adding Difficulty to Malpractice Cases
- Battle Flares Over Medical Malpractice Law
- Coalition Asserts Big Damage Award Will Lift Insurance Costs
- California’s Winning Prescription
- Special Report: Who's Who Law Judging the Doctors
- Rising Malpractice Coverage Rekindles Reform Push