RealD Inc. announced Monday it is expanding its relationship with the largest theater chain in China, Wanda Cinema Line Corp.
Under the deal, RealD will supply an additional 780 of its 3-D technology systems to Wanda theaters. Wanda already has about 800 RealD-equipped screens. Its owner, Dalian Wanda Group, also owns AMC Theaters.
The Chinese movie market is now the second-largest in the world behind the U.S., racking up $3.6 billion last year. The territory is especially fertile ground for big-budget blockbusters that are often shown in 3-D because that kind of material crosses language barriers easily.
RealD has about 1,500 screens in China and about 25,000 around the world, the company said.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- RealD Installing 100 New Screens in China
- 3-D Technology Company To Fill More Seats in China
- RealD Signs Deal with Chinese Theater Chain
- Maker of 3-D Cinema Tech Turns Its Focus Overseas
- 3-D Projections
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 2: Instagram Copies Snapchat Stories
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 10: TrueCar Acquires DealerScience for $27 Million
- RealD Inc. Expands in China