Some government authorities are publicly questioning whether such misdeeds as market rigging, tax dodging, selling faulty financial products and rampant risk-taking are not just the work of a few bad actors, but rather a flaw that runs through the fabric of the banking industry, the New York Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Blackstone Thrives in Ireland
- Banks Criticized for Keeping Mortgage Litigation Reserves a Secret
- JPMorgan Settles in Madoff Case
- Fewer Hours, Same Workload at Big Banks
- Facebook Buys Virtual-Reality Company
- Candy Crush Maker Seeks $7.6B Valuation in IPO
- Inversions Are Big Money for Investment Banks
- Conflict Over Derivatives Rule