PizzaRev plans to open seven franchises in St. Louis, Mo. and Austin, Texas over the next two years, the Westlake Village fast casual pizza chain announced.
The four restaurants in Austin and three in St. Louis are being developed by David Jones and Doug Tieber, owners of 17 Buffalo Wild Wings franchises. PizzaRev received an equity investment last year from Buffalo Wild Wings Inc., the Minneapolis owner of the popular sports bar chain.
PizzaRev in January signed franchise agreements for more than 20 new outlets in five states. PizzaRev franchise locations are already under development in Salt Lake City; Minneapolis; Orange County; San Diego; Lincoln, Neb.; Fargo, N.D.; and Sioux Falls, S.D. The company also plans at least 10 corporate stores in California to add to the eight restaurants now open in the greater Los Angeles region.
PizzaRev is one of several local companies seeking to rapidly expand in the new restaurant category of fast casual pizza, which use high-temperature fast-cook ovens and a food-assembly operation similar to a Chipotle Mexican Grill.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- News of the Week
- Hot-Oven Pizza to Grow by Degrees
- Pizza Rev Expands Outside California
- Burger Chain Looks to Take Wings With Chicken
- Fast-Casual Pizza Business Still Delivers in Sector
- Blazing Trail: Fast-Casual Restaurant Chain Blaze Pizza Continues Quick Rise
- SPECIAL REPORT: Fast Pizza Chain Delivers
- Schlotzsky's Has Big Plans for Southern California