Mayor Eric Garcetti said today he had launched a global search to fill the executive director position at the Port of Los Angeles.
“We are seeking a highly experienced and dynamic leader with a strong track record of success – a true collaborator and visionary who can lead the port’s growth and international trade efforts in the years ahead,” Garcetti said in a statement.
Executive recruitment firm Ralph Andersen & Associates of Rocklin has been retained to recruit and screen prospective candidates. The Los Angeles Board of Harbor Commissioners has established an ad hoc search committee to oversee the process.
Gary Lee Moore, former general manager at Los Angeles Bureau of Engineering, has served as interim executive director at the port since the departure of Geraldine Knatz as executive director in November.
Applications and nominations are being accepted through April 14.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Port of L.A. Director Announces Departure
- Gene Seroka
- LA Port Unveils World's First All-Electric Top Handlers
- LA Enlists Port Chief
- Airport Exec Lindsey to Retire
- Silicon Beach Regional Report: L.A. Tech Talent Pipeline Sees Continued Growth
- Metro Launches New Silver Line Express
- L.A. Cleantech Incubator Founding CEO to Step Down