The Academy Awards remains television’s biggest non-football draw, with early indications showing last night’s Oscars rising a bit in the ratings — thanks in large part to increased interest in Texas, Variety reports. But a reviewer for the Hollywood Reporter panned the Ellen DeGeneres-hosted event as long, boring and too self-involved.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- More To Say
- Pizza Shop Owner Gets His Oscars Close-Up
- Academy Disqualifies Oscar-Nominated Song
- ‘Birdman’ and ‘Grand Budapest’ Top Oscar Nominations
- Oscar Selfie a Triumph for Samsung
- Selma Would Win Best Picture Oscar if Chosen By Social Media
- Big Snag for Oscar Swag Bags
- 'American Hustle’ and 'Gravity’ Tie for Most Oscar Nominations