Los Angeles and Long Beach truck drivers alleging a Rancho Dominguez trucking firm has committed more than 50 labor violations are scheduled to have their claims heard in August by a National Labor Relations Board judge. The drivers, represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, have accused Green Fleet Systems of harassing union supporters and other violations. An attorney for Green Fleet responds that the union itself has committed unlawful picketing activities and that most of Green Fleet drivers are independent contractors who are not entitled to unionize, the Long Beach Press-Telegram reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Teamsters Claim Victory as Port Truck Drivers Reinstated
- Ending 2 Year Legal Battle, Judge Rules Port Truck Drivers are Employees
- Legal Clashes Put Trucking Firm on Rocky Road
- Teamsters Step Up Effort to Unionize Port Truckers
- Teamsters Shift Gears at Docks
- Teamsters Strike, Allege Wage Theft
- Contract Truckers Picket L.A., Long Beach Ports
- Port Truckers Strike Winds Down with Little Cargo Impact