Laughing its way to the second-best opening of all time for an R-rated comedy, Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill's "22 Jump Street" beat out "How to Train Your Dragon 2" for the top spot at the Father's Day weekend box office with $60 million, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- "Think Like a Man Too" Wins Weekend Box Office
- DreamWorks Shares Slip After ‘Dragon 2’ Disappointment
- 'Dragon,’ ‘Jump Street’ Sequels to Jockey for No. 1 at Box Office
- ‘Think Like a Man Too’ Looks Like a Hit
- “Guardians of the Galaxy” Top Grossing Film of Season
- Gone Girl Continues Triumph at the Box Office
- Box Office: ‘Perfect Guy’ Narrowly Beats ‘The Visit’
- ‘Avengers’ Reigns Again