Robert Garcia beat former NFL player Damon Dunn Tuesday to become the youngest mayor of Long Beach in the city’s history, and the first openly gay person to win the office, the Long Beach Press-Telegram reports. Dunn was backed by the business community.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- BizFed Endorses Dunn for Long Beach Mayor
- Long Beach Chamber Endorses Garcia
- New Money for Alamitos Bay Marina Approved
- Plummeting Oil Prices Force Long Beach to Curb Budget
- Trade Rep Backs Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Headlines: NFL, Arbors, Boeing
- Long Beach May Waive Licensing Fees for Startups
- Long Beach Officials Call for Minimum Wage Hike