Some investors are upset that banks will not divulge the amount of money set aside, but some banks say they don’t want regulators to know the number lest the authorities increase settlement totals, the New York Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA Agrees to $17 Billion Mortgage Settlement
- Bank of America Reaches Record Settlement
- Justice Department Seeks Mortgage Deal with BofA
- VMware to Buy AirWatch for $1.18 Billion
- Blackstone Thrives in Ireland
- Citigroup to Pay $7 Billion Mortgage Settlement
- Feds Probe Wagers on Herbalife
- Facebook Buys Virtual-Reality Company