Born in reaction to other private clubs in Los Angeles, the City Club recruited women and minorities when it opened in 1989. Now the downtown institution hopes to bring in more people under 50, the Los Angeles Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Small Quake Hits on 20th Anniversary of Northridge
- Paul's Kitchen Hangs on as City Market Chinatown Fades
- 'El Mandril' King of L.A. Morning Radio
- Chauffeurs a Driving Force on Oscar Night
- 10 Years After Recall, California Still Feels Effects
- L.A., Santa Monica Buildings May Sit on Faults
- Is L.A. Ignoring Concrete Risks?
- The Good, the Bad and the Seedy