Former state Sen. Dean Florez has closed his 2014 campaign committee for state controller after paying off a $60,000 fine for misusing campaign funds, the largest such penalty in state history, the Sacramento Bee reports. Since leaving the legislature, the former investment banker has been serving as chief executive of billionaire Gary Michelson's education-focused 20 Million Minds Foundation.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- California to Add Powerball Lottery
- State Income Tax Revenues Beat Projections
- Labor Groups Back 'Wal-Mart' Bill
- Senate Passes Modified State Tax Break for Investors
- Brown Vetoes Affordable Housing Bill
- Former Regional Water District Manager Fined Over Gifts
- Calderon Also Accused in Hospital Bribery Case
- Pressure Rising Against Calderon