The frenzy to acquire fast-growing technology start-ups reached new heights on Wednesday as Facebook announced its largest acquisition ever, saying it would pay at least $16 billion for WhatsApp, a text messaging application with 450 million users around the world, the New York Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Facebook Buys Virtual-Reality Company
- VMware to Buy AirWatch for $1.18 Billion
- Facebook, Google Buying Sprees Transform Venture Capital
- Blackstone Thrives in Ireland
- Tobacco Firms to Merge
- Banks Criticized for Keeping Mortgage Litigation Reserves a Secret
- Fox Bid for Time Warner Could Trigger Big Mergers
- Bank of America Reaches Record Settlement