Uber, Lyft and their Silicon Valley allies have hired seven lobbying and public relations firms for a rear-guard action to kill a bill that would increase the amount of insurance coverage required by the state and prohibit drivers from using personal policies instead of commercial ones, the Los Angeles Times reported.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Senate Passes Revised Insurance Bill Now Backed by Uber, Lyft
- State OKs Farmers Insurance for Rideshare Drivers
- New Mercury Policy Rises For Uber, Lyft Drivers
- Uber, Lyft Bill Held Up
- Uber, Lyft Say Carpooling Popular in LA
- Regulator Warns About Gaps in Ride-Sharing Coverage
- Uber’s Big Fight
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 22: Facebook Predicted to Lose Teens to Snapchat and Instagram