Lawmakers on Wednesday approved legislation that would bar elected water board members throughout California from accepting campaign contributions of more than $250 from donors with business pending before their boards, a response to controversy over the activities of suspended Sen. Ronald S. Calderon and former Assemblyman Tom Calderon, the Los Angeles Times said.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Brown, Legislators Reach Deal on Bullet Train Funds
- Calderon Given a Week to Step Down
- Bill Requires Warrants for Drone Use
- Clinton Wins California Primary
- Lawmakers Brace for Backlash Over Film Tax Credit
- Fighting the Drought
- Recovery Coming to an End?
- Calderon Brothers Indicted in Corruption Probe