The experimental, and apparently effective, medication given to two Americans who contracted the deadly ebola virus in Africa is manufactured in Kentucky from tobacco plants for San Diego's Mapp Pharmaceutical Inc., Bloomberg said.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Experimental Ebola Treatments Approved
- Experimental Ebola Drug Concerns Experts
- Amgen, Gates Foundation to Develop Ebola Treatment
- Americans With Best Credit in Decades Drive U.S. Economy
- MannKind Reaches Deal to Sell Inhaled Insulin
- Jobless Claims in U.S. Fall to Lowest Since 2007
- Consumer Confidence Surges
- Ebola Declared a Health Emergency