The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits rose more than expected last week, but the underlying trend continued to point to some strength in the labor market, Reuters reports. Service firms expanded more quickly last month as new orders rose and hiring increased, according to the Associated Press.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Financial Discipline Grows Five Years After Crisis
- Liberty Media Reduces Stake in Barnes & Noble
- Late Sign-Ups Improve Outlook for Health Law
- Silicon Valley Phone Tech Battle Nears Close
- Airlines Already Charging Higher Fares
- Chances of Getting Audited by IRS Lowest in Years
- German Automakers Announce Recalls
- Slim Again Tops Forbes List