House Speaker John Boehner on Thursday urged his unruly caucus to show flexibility over a measure to keep the government open when funding runs out in less than a week, Reuters reports. Bloomberg News looks at why, unlike previous fiscal showdowns, business interests aren’t rushing in to publicly lobby for an agreement this time.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- GOP Has New Plan to Replace Obamacare
- Both Parties May Have Reason for January Budget Deal
- Boehner Pledges to Avoid Default
- Prices Set for New Health Exchanges
- Way Forward on 'Fiscal Cliff' Uncertain
- U.S. Credit Outlook Revised to 'Stable'
- Republicans Assess the Damage
- Focus Turns to Debt-Ceiling Deadline