The C-17 Globemaster III plant, California’s last remaining aircraft manufacturing facility, will shutter in two years, affecting 2,200 Boeing Co. employees based in Long Beach and Huntington Beach and thousands of workers and suppliers nationwide, the Long Beach Press Telegram reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Boeing to Layoff at Least 900 Workers
- Long Beach Boeing Plant to Close Earlier Than Expected
- Long Beach's Flight of Fortune
- Local Cuts Could Come from Boeing Restructuring
- Boeing C17s Spread Wings
- Boeing Hopes for More C-17 Deals
- Boeing Slowing Down C-17 Production
- Report: L.A. County Sheds 3,000 Aerospace Jobs Between 2014 and 2016