Businesses added a less-than-expected 166,000 jobs according to a private hiring report that has taken on more importance amid the likely delay of the government's monthly statistics, the Wall Street Journal reports. The monthly report from payroll processor Automatic Data Processing Inc. and forecasting firm Moody's Analytics also revised downward the earlier August figure.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Winter Chills Job Gains, Service Sector
- Delays Irk American Airlines Passengers
- Amazon Hikes Seasonal Hiring, Wal-Mart Adds Online Capacity
- Retail Sales, Consumer Prices Rise
- SEC Chief Delayed Rule Over Legacy Concerns
- Biotech Drugs Still Won't Copy
- U.S. Expands Child Online Privacy Law
- Mexico Moves to Overhaul Oil Industry