California Sen. Ron Calderon and his brother, a former state assemblyman, are accused of accepting more than $1 million in bribes from a hospital executive, the Long Beach Press-Telegram reports. Also, the Sacramento Bee reports that Senate leader Darrell Steinberg has taken steps to remove Sen. Calderon from the Film Commission amid accusations of bribery related to his actions there.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Pressure Rising Against Calderon
- Calderon Scandal Puts Film Credit in Spotlight
- Calderon Brothers Indicted in Corruption Probe
- Calderon Pleads Guilty in Political Corruption Scandal Tied to Long Beach Hospital
- Key Figure in Corruption Scheme Kills Himself Before Trial
- Former Pacific Hospital Owner Pleads Guilty in Fraud Case
- State Senator Targeted in FBI Searches
- Update: California Lawmakers Stymied on Budget