EDITOR'S NOTE: This story has been corrected to reflect that "Mini Golf Match Up" is the only game that Scopely has launched through its developer network.
As Scopely expands from a mobile game developer to publisher and distributor of those games, the Hancock Park startup has added an industry veteran to its ranks.
Scopely announced Thursday that it has named Reed Shaffner, former general manager at mobile gaming giant Zynga, as vice president of product.
Shaffner will oversee Scopely’s technology platform and games created through the company's developer network – a group of mobile game studios that produce the titles that Scopely then helps to launch, market and monetize.
While at Zynga, Shaffner oversaw the company’s mobile platform and Zynga With Friends network, a social and multi-player component.
Scopely has hired a number of mobile gaming and tech industry vets since it was founded in 2011.
In April the company brought on Viddy co-founder Chris Ovitz to head business development. The company also counts Zynga veteran Andy Kleinman as its chief business officer.
Scopely has already launched four titles, including “Bubble Galaxy With Buddies” and “Mini Golf Match Up.” The latter reached 10 million downloads in its first month.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Workpop Launches After Raising $7.9 Million
- Scopely Takes First Step Toward Network Status
- Scoring Points
- Scopely Launches ‘Walking Dead’ Mobile Game
- L.A. Gaming Studios Snatching Zynga Employees
- Former Scopely Exec Launches MobLabs
- Silicon Beach Report June 7: SpaceX Preps For $1 Billion Satellite Launch
- Mobile Game Developer SGN Acquires Carlsbad Studio