California labor unions are using lobbying, direct mail and online advertising blitz to push passage of legislation that would penalize large employers if the wages they pay are not high enough to keep workers off Medi-Cal rolls, the Sacramento Bee reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Senate Passes Modified State Tax Break for Investors
- Brown Vetoes Affordable Housing Bill
- Florez Pays Fine, Closes Campaign Committee
- California to Add Powerball Lottery
- State Income Tax Revenues Beat Projections
- California Public Opinion Turns Against Unions
- Chamber Lobbies Gov. Brown to Veto ‘Job Killers’
- State Lawmakers Reach Deal on Minimum Wage