Billboard companies, which want new rules allowing them to install more digital billboards in Los Angeles, are donating thousands of dollars worthof signs to promote candidates in the May 21 city election, the Los Angeles Times reports. One of them, Lamar, has financed scores of billboards for mayoral candidate Wendy Greuel and city controller hopeful Dennis Zine, among others.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Greuel Seeks $175 Million in City Savings
- Candidates Offer Commitments to City Hall Union
- Billboard Firm to Advertise Council Candidates
- Garcetti, Greuel Heading for Runoff
- Mayoral Rivals Walk Fine Line With Labor
- Riordan Backs Greuel for L.A. Mayor
- Election Results a Blow to L.A. Unions
- Gruel, Garcetti Unlikely Backers of Business Tax Cut