Sony Corp.'s stock rose 9 percent this morning after it was disclosed that Daniel Loeb, chief executive of activist New York hedge fund hedge fund Third Point, proposed that the company take its entertainment unit public, the Wall Street Journal and Los Angeles Times report.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Sony Board to Discuss Third Point Plan
- Wall Street Pay Gets Tougher Look
- Sony CEO: Loeb’s Campaign a ‘Good Thing’
- Sony Needs a New Plan
- Best Buy Workers Mobilize to Win Black Friday Battle
- Businesses See Pain, Opportunity from Storm
- Citigroup CEO Unexpectedly Quits
- Herbalife Showdown Spotlights New Wall Street