Known for its white-sand beaches and killer rums, Puerto Rico hopes to stake a new claim: tax haven for the wealthy. The island has created tax breaks for interest, dividends and capital gains in an effort to lure affluent American executives from the mainland, the New York Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Facebook Buys Virtual-Reality Company
- Regulators Size Up Wall Street, With Worry
- Puerto Rico Defaults
- Multinationals Stake Venture Capital Claim
- Hedge Funds Miss the Mark in Herbalife 'Short War'
- Candy Crush Maker Seeks $7.6B Valuation in IPO
- Burger King to Buy Tim Horton
- Startup Generates Aid for Hurricane Maria Victims