The rebounding housing market has helped return Fannie Mae to profitability and now might allow the company to repay as much as $61.5 billion to the U.S. Treasury, the Wall Street Journal reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Fannie Mae Reports $84 Billion Annual Profit
- BofA to Settle with Fannie Mae
- Freddie Mac Sees $5 Billion Profit
- Fannie, Freddie to Ease Loan-Modification Rules
- Rethinking the 30-Year Mortgage
- Plan for Mortgage Giants Takes Shape
- Jury Decides Against BofA on 'Hustle' Program
- Retail Sales, Consumer Prices Rise