What's going on in the small Mediterranean nation of Cyprus could matter not just to the rest of Europe, but the rest of the world, Yahoo's Daily Ticker and the Wall Street Journal report. The decision to raise $7.6 billion from taxes on depositors, including individuals with small amounts in their accounts, risks a wider political fallout for the euro-zone leaders who are guiding the bloc's crisis strategy.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple Cuts Orders for iPhone Parts
- Analyst: Home Prices Nowhere Near Bottom
- Immigration Reform Could Cost Social Security Billions
- Why Men Are Failing in This New Economy
- Could Water Be the Next Big Asset Class?
- FedEx Ready for its Busiest Shipping Day
- Buffett Makes Huge Bet on U.S. Housing Market
- Report: Financial Crisis Cost Americans $12.8 Trillion