The full weight of the federal research budget cuts could reduce gross domestic product by at least $203 billion through 2021 and cost 200,000 jobs this year alone. Bloomberg BusinessWeek looks at why private companies won’t pick up the slack.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Greenland Looks on Global Warming's Bright Side
- Why the U.S. Should Issue More TIPS
- Why This Bull Market Has Little Street Cred
- Jay-Z's Freebies Off the Charts
- Miami Condo Market Shows Way to Solving Inventory Glut
- Can Cadiz Water Help Quench California?
- Will DirecTV and Dish Catch Cable’s Merger Fever?
- How Small Business's Anti-Obamacare Message Was Funded