More than a year after the nation's five-largest mortgage servicers signed a $26 billion legal settlement over blatantly improper foreclosure procedures, those banks still need to do better, National Mortgage Settlement's monitor told CNBC.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- How the JPMorgan Deal Could Curtail Credit
- Foreclosure Crisis Still Has Millions in Its Grip
- Banks Slow to Clean Up Mortgage Mess
- … Another Billionaire Divorce: Historic Settlement?
- Government 'Paralysis' Spooks Home Builders, Buyers
- Former President Carter Suspects His Email is Monitored by NSA
- Detroit's Next Bankruptcy Battle
- Foreclosures Flare-Up Again