The federal government has launched a rare criminal prosecution of a major Wall Street firm: SAC Capital Advisors, a hedge-fund operator that investigators have long suspected of illegally trading on inside information, the Wall Street Journal reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- SAC to Plead Guilty in Insider-Trading Settlement
- Criminal Charges Not Expected in IRS Probe
- Vegas Bet on Chinese VIPs Raises Red Flags With Feds
- TV Studios Dial Up Pursuit of Pirates
- Use of Food Stamps Swells Even as Economy Improves
- U.S. Faces Uphill Battle in Retraining the Jobless
- JPMorgan to Pay $1 Billion in Madoff Criminal Probe
- Hedge Funds Smell Profit in 'Shadow' Lending