Even with the recent spike in bond yields and Federal Reserve taper talk on an improving economy, the "new normal" of slow economic growth, high unemployment and government debt problems is persisting, Pimco chief Mohamed El-Erian told CNBC on Tuesday.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Should the Fed Taper Bond Buying?
- Pimco Sees 60 Percent Chance of Global Recession
- Bill Gross Heir Apparent El-Erian Quits Pimco
- U.S. Stimulus Pullback Dominates G-20 Talks
- Uproar at Pimco
- Pimco's Gross: Fed 'Part of the Problem'
- Jobs Report Too Weird to Just Blame the Weather
- $100 a Barrel for Oil Again Possible