Restoring sight to the blind has proved challenging, but a new technology combining an eye implant and video-camera-enabled glasses may soon be available in the United States, one of them coming from Second Sight Medical Products Inc. of Sylmar, the Wall Street Journal reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Taking Early Exits Off Wall Street
- Airlines Give Up on World's Longest Flights
- Small Firms Use Security Cameras to Boost Business
- The Fight to Unseat Apple's iPhone Intensifies
- Not Your Granny's Grammys
- FDA’s OK for Vision Device a Sight for Sore Eyes
- Netflix Hit by Outage, Blames Amazon
- Second Sight Prepares IPO