President Barack Obama will nominate Mary Jo White to lead the Securities and Exchange Commission, sources tell the Associated Press and New York Times, tapping an attorney with broad experience in prosecuting white-collar crimes to lead an agency that has a central role in implementing Wall Street reform.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Manufacturers Cutting White-Collar Jobs Now, Too
- Justice Official to Be Nominated to Top Labor Slot
- Republican Trade-Bill Sponsor Wants Obama Action
- A New American Airlines Emerges
- Wal-Mart to Hire Vets, Boost U.S. Sourcing
- Data Breach Hits More Target Customers Than Expected
- WellPoint Profit Jumps 38 Percent
- Men's Wearhouse Boosts Bid for Jos. A. Bank