Anthem Blue Cross parent WellPoint Inc. said that its fourth-quarter earnings jumped 38 percent compared to a year earier, when it took a big hit from its Medicare Advantage business, the Associated Press reports. But the nation's second largest health insurer expects to make less this year resulting from the health care overhaul.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Report: Hospitals Improving Patient Safety
- Wal-Mart to Hire Vets, Boost U.S. Sourcing
- Manufacturers Cutting White-Collar Jobs Now, Too
- UBS Fined $1.5 Billion in Libor Probe
- Economy Struggles To Add Just 96,000 Jobs
- Men's Wearhouse Boosts Bid for Jos. A. Bank
- U.S. Builders Boost Housing Spending
- Target Tech Chief Leaves Amid Security Overhaul