After years of budget agony, California is seeing something strange this month: a heap of excess cash, the Sacramento Bee reports. The state is poised to finish January about $4 billion ahead of what forecasters expected in income taxes, the biggest one-month overage that state fiscal experts can recall in recent memory.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Gasoline Excise Tax to Rise
- Budget Revise Draws Mixed Views
- State Lawmakers Reach Deal on Minimum Wage
- Analyst Sees Potential for Budget Surpluses in California's Future
- California May Grant Driver's Licenses to Young Illegal Immigrants
- Rubio Takes on CEQA
- Brown Heralds California 'Comeback' But Urges Caution
- Cloud Seeding No Longer Magical Thinking