Forensic Case Management Services Inc, a Van Nuys debt collection operation, and the people who ran it agreed to pay $1.1 million to settle federal allegations that they improperly bullied consumers to get them to pay overdue bills, the Los Angeles Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Fraud Charges Filed Against Van Nuys Companies
- Car Dealerships Settle with FTC
- WellPoint to Pay $6 Million in L.A. Case
- Chase to Pay $100 Million Settlement
- Herbalife Could Pay Trade Regulators $200 Million
- Anthem Blue Cross To Pay $3.2 Million in Overdue-Claims Case
- Schumer Pushes for Countrywide Probe
- WellPoint Settles with California Hospitals