Lawmakers need to overhaul the tax code completely to reduce the “significant, even unconscionable, burden” placed on taxpayers just to file a tax return, the Internal Revenue Service’s ombudsman told Congress on Wednesday, the New York Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Online Sales Tax Divides the G.O.P.
- Crowds Returning to Las Vegas, Gambling Less
- BlackBerry Loses Nearly $1 Billion in Quarter
- Colorado Lawmakers Ousted in Recall Over Gun Law
- Change Comes to Playground Funny Papers
- Government Shutdown Begins...
- Musk’s Tesla Wants to Power Your House
- Latest Overhaul of MGM Appears to Be Moneymaker