Federal, state, city and port officials celebrated the groundbreaking Tuesday of a $1 billion project to replace the aging Gerald Desmond Bridge, considered the biggest bridge project in Southern California, the Long Beach Press-Telegram reports. The project is expected to be completed in 2016.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Port Construction Led to Thousands of New Jobs
- Gerald Desmond Bridge Work Delayed
- More Money for Bridge
- Long Beach Official Blocks Port Dispute Probe
- L.B. Port Bridge Replacement To Proceed
- Ports Target Trucks for Cleaner Air
- Long Beach Bridge May No Longer Be Up in Air
- Protests Grow Over Proposed Railyard on Long Beach Border