In his company’s legal battle against Martha Stewart, Macy's Inc. Chief Executive Terry Lundgren testified that he was so appalled when Martha Stewart told him in 2011 that she made a deal with J.C. Penney that he hung up the phone and has not spoken to her since, Reuters and AdAge.com report.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Martha Stewart Living, Macy's Settle Dispute
- Macy's Scuttles KB's 'Mock Home' Deal
- J.C. Penney Turnaround Could Take Longer
- How Marketers Used TV's Second-Most-Expensive Ad Vehicle
- 'Tsunami' of Store Closings Expected to Hit Retail
- Retail Shuffle: Home Depot Exec to Join J.C. Penney
- Don't Mess With Coupons
- Advertising Helps Martha Stewart Profit