Riviera Country Club, where a teenage Tiger Woods made his first PGA Tour appearance, is one he now conspicuously avoids. The former N.B.A. great Jerry West, the Northern Trust Open’s executive director, has tried to talk Woods into returning, as has Woods’ caddie, Joe LaCava. Neither has made headway, the New York Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Some Players Find Sponsorships Score Big
- Local Golf Tournament Isn’t Teed Off With Tiger
- Northern Trust Takes Top Billing at PGA's Westside Stop
- Basketball Legend Fits Golf to a ‘T’
- High ‘Tee’ With Hyundai at the Riviera?
- Golf Tourney Swings for Koreans
- Amateur Golfers Drive Commercial Opportunities
- Right Clubbing