The Justice Department, lawsuit filed late Monday in a U.S. District Court in Los Angeles alleges that Standard & Poor's Ratings Service knew the housing market was collapsing but was intentionally slow to downgrade hundreds of companies, the Wall Street Journal reports. One piece of evidence: Song lyrics from March 2007.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- S&P Accuses U.S. of Vengeance
- U.S. Won’t Seek Goldman Charges
- Senate Scuttles Gun Limits
- Probe Targets Firms that Process Payments for Online Lenders
- JPMorgan to Pay $1 Billion in Madoff Criminal Probe
- Gas Boom Projected to Grow for Decades
- Mixed Results in Health Pilot Plan
- Smartphone Upgrades Slow