The Federal Trade Commission wants the rapidly growing mobile industry to beef up its privacy controls and allow consumers to opt out of being tracked by ad networks on their smartphones, the Wall Street Journal reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Two New BlackBerrys Coming
- Smartphones Expose Traditional Camera Shortcomings
- Nokia Seeks Broader App Offerings
- T-Mobile's MetroPCS Deal Is Threatened
- One Little Phone Could Have a Big Impact
- Telecom Firms Seek to Curb Publicly Funded Web Services
- U.S. Expands Child Online Privacy Law
- Payment Network Takes on Google Wallet