The state’s Department of Toxic Substances Control has issued an emergency order directing a Vernon battery recycler to clean up lead and other metals that have been deposited near the Exide Technologies plant, the Los Angeles Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- State Orders Shutdown of Vernon Battery Recycling Plant
- Parsons Joins Contractors in Exide Battery Clean Up
- County Creates Toxic 'Strike Team'
- State Cites Vernon Exide Plant for Waste Violations
- Regulators Move to Shut Down Exide Plant
- Residents Blast Officials Over Exide Plant
- Exide Plant to Pay for Blood Tests
- Exide Recycling Plant Again Exceeds Lead Limits