Billionaire investor Ron Burkle bought a gold medal won by U.S. sprinter Jesse Owens at the 1936 games in Berlin for $1.47 million at auction, a record for an item of Olympic Games memorabilia, Bloomberg News reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Nazarian Hotel Empire Expands
- Hershey to Acquire Chinese Candy Maker
- Vivendi to Sell Activision Stake Worth $850 Million
- Barnes & Noble Accuses Burkle of 'Corporate Failures'
- Burkle's Twinkie Fix Could Help Deal
- Burkle, Ovitz Settle Dispute
- What to Watch This Weekend
- Update: Source Interlink Files for Bankruptcy, Will Privatize