Freddie Mac reported a $5 billion profit during the second quarter, the second-largest quarterly profit in the company's history, the Wall Street Journal reports. The Associated Press looks at how homebuyers could feel the pinch if Congress follows through on plans to shut down Freddie and its sister mortgage guarantee giant, Fannie Mae.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Fannie, Freddie to Ease Loan-Modification Rules
- Rethinking the 30-Year Mortgage
- Industrial Output Struggles, Gas Boosts Consumer Prices
- Treasury Changes Fannie and Freddie Bailout Deal
- Reader's Digest Files for Second Bankruptcy
- Office Depot to Buy OfficeMax
- Plan for Mortgage Giants Takes Shape
- Economy Expands Slightly